1st January (19th December O.S.):
- ANASTASIUS I, he was Pope of Rome and a man of poverty and the apostolic mind, and he stopped the spread of Origenism at a Council held in 400. St. Anastasius I reposed in 401.
- AVITUS (OR ADJUTUS), an abbot of Micy near Orléans.
- FAUSTA, the mother of St. Anastasia (25th December) of Sirmium in Dalmatia.
- GREGORY OF AUXERRE, the twelfth bishop of Auxerre. He served as bishop for thirteen years and reposed circa 540 at the age of eighty-five.
- MANIRUS, one of the Apostles of the north of Scotland.
- RIBERT (RIBARIUS), the seventeenth Abbot of Saint-Oyend. He reposed circa 790 and is venerated in Franche-Comté.
- TIMOTHY, a deacon burnt alive in North Africa under Decius circa 250.
* - Prior to the Schism the Patriarchate of Rome was Orthodox and fully in communion with the Orthodox Church. As Saint John of Shanghai and San Francisco +1966 said "The West was Orthodox for a thousand years, and her venerable Liturgy is far older than any of her heresies."